Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Room

This is just a little post to show everyone where I live. :)

I am a resident of the 8th floor of Fichtenweg 15 in the W.H.O. (What??) I live high up in a building in a little student-residential neighborhood called Waldhäuser Ost - forest-
houses east. We are up in the hills from campus, and there are frequent buses that take us from here to most anywhere we would want to go: the Uni-Viertel (university quarter), the Aldstadt
(old city), and the Hauptbahnhof (main station). There is not much in W.H.O., mostly although there are a few grocery stores and a bakery, and a lot of access to nice walking/running trails. Also, right near me in Fichtenweg 5 are our mailboxes as well as the student bar, which is cheap and has a weekly party.

My room is quite lovely, and I have the most incredible view. When you come in, there is a tiny little hall type area with my sink and my closet.




















Afterwards the main room begins, with a bed, a desk and chair, quite a few shelves, and a big window with a deep sill.












































This is what my room looks like after I do laundry, since our dryers a) are expensive and b) suck:

















And this is what my view looks like on a good morning:






2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful adventure you are on! Good luck with your studies.

    Thomas (Jenny and Nemo, too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks y'all! I miss you and hope things are really good at home. :) Give Nemo a t-r-e-a-t for me!!

    ReplyDelete